Speak Dragon Ball’s language for only 9.99!
Coming Fall, 2020
Dragon Ball Language
Discover the Dragon Ball Language!
In this book you’ll learn how the creator of Dragon Ball, Akira Toriyama, fuses different languages together to make Dragon Ball into the world’s most-recognized anime and manga.
Toriyama is best-known as an illustrator, but he is also a master writer. Before the illustrations and the action, there’s the written word. Here you’ll learn how Toriyama uses the languages of Japanese, Chinese, Sanskrit, and English, to create a fusion language in Dragon Ball that makes his work accessible to fans across the world.
See how Toriyama combines verbal, non-verbal, and visual language to create an exciting and vibrant world.
You’ll learn the process that Toriyama follows when naming his people, places, and things. And you’ll hear from Toriyama himself on how he came up with each name.
Along the way, you may even learn Japanese through Dragon Ball!
- Origin of 500+ names of people, places, and things
- Verbal, Non-Verbal, and Visual Language
- Japanese, Chinese, English, and Indian
- Naming conventions in Dragon Ball
- Honorifics, prefixes, and suffixes
- Accents and dialects
- Localization around the world
- Akira Toriyama’s mindset
- Eastern and Western culture as a Fusion
- Religious Influences on language
- Onomatopoeia and Sound Effects
- Foreign loanwords
- Body Language
- And more!
This book will change how you speak about Dragon Ball.
Coming Fall, 2019!